From the Heart...
A Cuban blessing . . .
There is a Spanish proverb (Cuban?) that says, “Hope is to want something to happen; faith is to believe that something will happen; and courage is the will to make that something happen.”
Some time ago—just before assuming the pastorate here at Winter Haven— I caught myself thinking: If I could “wave a magic wand” (so to speak) and turn a congregation into the ideal church of my dreams, what would it look like? After much pondering, this is what I came up with:
A PASTOR’S GOSPEL DREAM FOR HIS CONGREGATION
I want to be in a church where . . .
• Where Jesus Christ is all and in all
• Where the Message of the Cross is preached, believed and lived
• Where beholding the Lamb of God provokes grateful, heartfelt and joyful obedience to all of God's commandments
• Where God is worshipped in Spirit and in truth
• Where everyone is family and no one is left behind
• Where caring shows and God's love flows
• Where the Second Coming is everyone's most blessed hope
Just a thought (I like lists with seven points!); you may have even better ideas. But, if this sounds like something you might be interested in, I encourage you to prayerfully consider joining this pastor in the “wanting,” the “believing,” and the “willingness” to create—God helping—a congregation with just such “DNA”. In other words, to activate the love, the hope and the faith necessary to bring about the “good works [and the good church] that God prepared beforehand that we should walk [and fellowship] in.” (Ephesians 2: 10)
Come and join us at the Seventh-day Adventist Church family in Winter Haven! The people are warm and friendly, the service is Spirit-filled, Christ-centered and uplifting; and, the potluck is simply out of this world! There’s only one thing missing . . . well . . . let me think . . . Oh yes . . . of course . . . it’s you!
Pastor Frank and Evelyn
Contact the Pastor here:
for Special Requests or for Special Prayer.
Sabbath School Quarterly